Phishing is a type of deception designed to steal your valuable personal data for fraud and other personal benefits. Phishing is an attempt to fraudulently acquire sensitive information, such as usernames, passwords, account data or other information, by pretending themselves as a trustworthy identity; it is typically carried out by e-mail or instant messages.
Through a fraudulent e-mail seemingly from a legitimate address.
Through pop-up window messages.
It often includes official looking logos from real organizations and other identifying information directly taken from legitimate Web sites.
It will ask you to click on the hyperlink provided in the mail or pop-up window which will lead you to a fake website that looks similar to a genuine website.
It will ask you to update your personal information such passwords, account information, credit card details etc.
Even you might receive a phone call from fraudulent persons asking for updation of your account details etc pretending themselves as genuine bank officials.
Messages that claimed to be from a bank told users to dial a phone number regarding problems with their bank account.
Once you replied any of these fraudulent means you have fallen into a Phishing trap .
Avoid Phishing Attacks :
Don't click on any of the link which comes through a mail from unexpected source.
Don't reply to a mail seeking your personal information which you believe is a Phishing attempt.
Don't provide any personal information to a page coming as a pop-up window.
Never provide any personal information such as passwords, account details, credit card details etc .over phone or any unsolicited request over e-mail.
Don't fall trap to any mail promising a reward on compliance or any warning of a penalty on non-compliance.
Never divulge any sensitive information like passwords, account details etc to anyone, including Dena Bank personnel.
• Always type proper URL in the address bar for login to Internet banking site.
• Provide personal details over phone/Internet only if you have initiated the call and properly authenticated the counterparty.
• Give User id and password to authenticated login page.
• Bank will never ask you to verify account information over mail.
In case you feel you have fallen into a Phishing trap :
• Change your passwords immediately on suspecting that you have fallen in a Phishing trap.
• Inform bank officials for fraud attack.
• Check your account statement and ensure that it is correct in every respect.