1. Current Accounts can be opened by individuals, partnership firms, private and public limited companies, HUFs/specified associates, societies, trusts, etc.
2. As required by law, while opening this account we will satisfy ourselves about the identity, including verification of address, of a person/s seeking to open an account, to assist in protecting the prospective customer/s, members of the public and ourselves against fraud and other misuses of the banking system.
3. The Bank requires a satisfactory introduction of the person/s opening the account by a person acceptable to the Bank.
4. The Bank is required to obtain two recent photographs of the person/s opening/operating the account, as per R.B.I. Directives.
5. The Bank is required to obtain Permanent Account Number (PAN) or General Index Register (GIR) Number or alternatively obtain declaration in Form No. 60 or 61 as per the Income Tax Act (vide Section 139 A) from the person/s opening the account (i.e. including partners of Registered/Unregistered partnership as also Registered/Incorporated bodies/companies).
6. The Bank will provide to the prospective customers details of the documents required for identification of the person/s opening the account in addition to a satisfactory introduction. Documents normally accepted are the current gas/telephone/electricity bill or ration card or voter's identity card or driving licence or passport, etc.
7. Minimum balance as stipulated from time to time will be required to be maintained.
8. No interest is paid on credit balances kept in current account.
Service charges are levied for :
- Ledger folio used.
- Cheque books issued.
- Non-maintenance of minimum balance.
- Return of cheques, etc.
9. For opening special types of current accounts like for Executors, Administrators, Trustees, Liquidators etc., the Branch Manager may be contacted who will help in opening these type of accounts.
10. Asper the RBI directive, the applicant (i.e.account opener) should declare in the account opening form or separately that he is not enjoying any credit facility with any Bank and if he does enjoy any facility/facilities he should declare full particualrs thereof indicating the name of the bank and name of the branch wherefrom he has availed these facilities.